• Calendar
  • It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Ep 7
    PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:48 am 
    Imperial Recruit
    Imperial Recruit

Legion ID #: 0
    Don't know if I should post this in the movie section or the events section, and I know its still a ways away, but is there a plan or request for the 501st officially showing up on the night of the premiere? Or is it pretty much "come in costume, if you want"?

aka
    "Sith initiate / undercover trooper
    Rusmi Palav, Rentercel of Kavaroot"
    http://www.minerclaninidaho.org

Post subject: Re: Ep 7
    PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:12 pm 
    Garrison Web Master
    Garrison Web Master
    Forum Supporter
    Forum Supporter

Legion ID #: 1430
    While it's still very early, I'm sure we'll have official appearances at several theaters throughout garrison territory. We've already started communication with a couple theaters, but nothing is set in stone yet. We're also waiting to see if there's any specific direction from Lucasfilm regarding what they'd prefer us to do.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:18 am 

Legion ID #: 1706
    I do know that a lot of theaters are very careful about allowing helmets or anything that resembles a weapon (Barry wasnt allowed to wear his protron pack at the anniversary release of Ghostbusters). These may relax due to how big Star Wars has been in the past. Kind of a plan for the worse hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:58 pm 
    Garrison Web Master
    Garrison Web Master
    Forum Supporter
    Forum Supporter

Legion ID #: 1430
    Keep in mind, if we troop for Episode VII (and I'm sure we will), it will be in a formal, ORGANIZED fashion arranged in advance by Garrison command with theater management. We've already started to receive some communication from theater managers, but nothing's set in stone yet. That may give us some flexibility when it comes to blasters, helmets, etc. Barry's experience was as a fan, approaching theater management just days before the release, asking if he could show up in costume. We are an organized, well-known fan club. There's a difference there. Ultimately however, it's up to the hosts of each and every event to allow us to carry our prop weapons. There's no reason to get uptight about whether we'll be able to have our props or not.

I can tell you that the manager of the Edwards here in Idaho Falls approached us last spring at an event and was very excited about the possibility of having us troop for Episode VII.

WE WILL NOT, as a Garrison, appear in costume at any theater (or other venue) without arrangements being made ahead of time.

Please stand by. December's a long ways off. Ultimately, many theaters don't even know if they're getting a movie until a few weeks before the release. We'll be sure to post event information as soon as it's finalized.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:48 am 
    Imperial Recruit
    Imperial Recruit

I just read a report that the character Max Von Sydow is playing is none other than Boba Fett! Who's excited? This guy. :boba:

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:22 pm 
    Imperial Recruit
    Imperial Recruit

I did think it was odd that the headline said it was confirmed but that the article said it was unconfirmed. It's a fun idea. And I don't think Max von Sydow would be a terrible choice. Honestly, with how popular Boba Fett is, they'd be silly to not have a mando somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:16 pm 
    Imperial Recruit
    Imperial Recruit

Yeah, these two were almost twins…
    In the future you could probably find a better way to say it that doesn't make you look like a judgmental jerk.